There is a great risk of using a shaver that has mildew growing on it. Not only is it a health risk but it is disgusting and leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. It can cause bacterial diseases that may affect how you relate to others socially. This is because it reduces your confidence and self esteem since you may feel like everyone around you can smell the mildew on you. To regain your confidence and remove the mildew completely from your electric shaver there are a few tips that when used can rid off this menace.
- Use a fan in your bathroom whenever you take a bath to ensure that your bathroom is well ventilated and there is no conducive environment for the mildew and mold to thrive in and spread the same to your shaver.
- Store your razor away from your moist bathroom is one tip on what kills mildew on an electric shaver. This could be in your bedroom closets hence after using the razor clean it and dry it completely and store it in a dry place.
- If your shaver allows detach the electric shaver parts completely to ensure you clean the inside of the shaver and no water or hair particles are left on the shaver that can develop into mildew.
- Clean the shaver using hot water since it easily kills all germs bacteria and any mildew that may have grown on the shaver.
- Use vinegar to clean your shaver if at any one point it has been infested by mildew this is a great way to completely kill and eliminate the mildew. It also takes care of any bad odors that the shaver may have.
- When you are shopping for an electric shaver then it is important to buy a shaver that is flexible and can be easily be detached for cleaning. Ensure it has a user’s manual to guide u on how to use it and clean it well.
- Use dehumidifiers in your bathroom and in your house to ensure that the humidity levels in your house are reduced completely since this ensures that there is no growth of mold and mildew on the razors and other apparatus in the house.
- Never leave your shaver not cleaned out no matter for how long this is because the moment you have some hare dried up of the shaver then there is a chance that there will be growth of mildew on the shaver. Hence make it a habit that every time you shave once you rinse out the area you are shaving then clean and dry the shaver well.
There are many benefits of ensuring that you clean you shaver well and ensure that no hair or any form of dirt like dried up shaving form is left on the shaver. This not only prevents the growth of mildew but it also ensures that you do not collect any bacteria from dirty shavers.